In December, I decided I would participate in Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team and memorize 2 verses a month for 2015. I picked out several verses in advance. My plan had been to focus 2 memory verses around each of the fruits of the Spirit and then throw in some others towards the end of the year. I’d picked my fruit-centered verses through today & a few more verses I just liked for later in the year…. Today I started to type them all up so I could send to Beth (yep, we’re besties, I call her by her first name) & ask for a special dispensation from posting every time – I’d truly love to participate in the event celebration next January and I will certainly continue to memorize my Scriptures, but I’m not confident that I’ll manage to post on the LPM blog at the appointed times….friends, here are the verses I’d picked in advance:
- Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- 1 Cor 13:4-7 (ESV) Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way. It is not irritable or resentful. It does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Romans 12:9 (NIV) Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Acts 2:28 (NIV) You have made known to me the paths of life. You will fill me with joy in your presence.
- 1 Peter 1:6 (NLT) Be truly glad. There is a wonderful joy ahead even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.
For March 15th (the day after we found the lump)
- John 14:27 (ESV) Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Romans 15:13 (NIV) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Now for the verses I’d picked out to memorize in the fall (which we now know will be sometime around chemo wrapping up & surgery)
- Matthew 11:28 (NIV) Come to me all who are weary & burdened and I will give you rest.
- Luke 1:45 (NIV) Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her.
I love that even last year, God was preparing me to climb this mountain.
Love you friends to pieces. – S