We’re still waiting on the HER2 results which has given us the opportunity to pause and prayerfully consider doing a round of fertility treatment which will enable us to freeze some embryos in advance of chemo. Our first priority is, of course, my health & well being. Having been assured by my oncologist that the slight delay & 8-10 days of hormone stimulating injections pose little to no risk to my long term prognosis and armed with the knowledge that we can donate any unused embryos to other couples, we have decided to move forward with one round of fertility treatment before I start chemo. As an added benefit, in all likelihood I would not start chemo until the end of the month, so I’ll have the opportunity to fully celebrate at Christina & Sudan’s wedding & enjoy Clark’s birthday!
My daily/hourly/moment by moment prayer is, “God, show me the next step & give me the faith to take it.” He has been so faithful.
Our prayers remain –
1. Continued peace. I am so thankful to be able to rest in the knowledge of God’s sovereignty, goodness and love.
2. Peace for Clark & our family members.
3. Order & Focus. I have a lot to do in order to get my work & my home in a good place for the upcoming upheaval. I’ve been a bit distracted trying to balance gathering information, meeting with doctors & having a life.
4. My medical team. For them to have sharp minds, skilled and healing hands. That the Lord would show favor on them and bless them with supernatural wisdom and insight. And that God would allow me to be a blessing to them.
6. For a path to adding a child to our family once we finish this fight.
7. That God’s grace would be evident and that He would be glorified.